Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Voki, Tweeting, embedding - I feel like i need a language course- and 10 more hours in the day to get everything done.  I am beginning to see how technology can take over and replace human relationships if you let it.  This really makes me nervous when people start talking about school being online.  I already have to get after my kids about how much time they spend on the computer, phone, gaming, etc.  I like that I can be in touch, but on the other hand, how personal is it really.  you are not having to face anyone, and I feel like consequences of what you say aren't as felt by the people involved.  Relating with technology is way different than relating face to face.  People obey a differnt set of rules when using technology and those rules dont work the same in person.  And besides all that - if school went web, I'm totally out of a job as a phy ed teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment