Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Busy week!

This week has been crazy.  As soon as I think things are about to settle down, they rev right back up.  Lots of hockey this past weekend for the younger one and Prom for the older one.  I basically focused on playing around with lots of different applications this week.  I made a voki, I can see the appeal, especially for kids.  I also learned what an avatar was.  My kids have said the word before but I never really knew what they were talking about.  I have found a great Arnold Schwarzennager video promoting physical fitness but I am still having trouble accessing it.  I am learning how to use our digital camera and video camera and how to show the stuff on the TV screen and how to get it on the computer.  Again I am amazed at how much my kids know.  They like being the teacher for once.  I signed up for Twitter and I am following my absolute favorite team of all time, the Philadelphia Flyers.  (You may have picked up on that fact and that I love hockey:)  I like that I can follow, but I don't think I would ever be a big fan of twittering about what I am doing.  I also learned more about our iTunes account and how to get podcasts (and what they are all about.)  I have been doing A LOT of surfing and just visiting different sites.  This class has forced me to use the computer as more than a word processor, which may be toe consuming but is a good thing.  I have also learned that it helps me not only be more up to date on my field, but it allows me to connect with other peers, and my family.  I am still trying to figure out the whole T9 text message thing.  As I learn, I will keep updating instead of just one long post for reflections because that seems to work better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment