Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today I found some gadgets that I like and added them, including the Blog list one that I was struggling with earlier.  I also played around with the Delicious website some more.  I do admit, I do not really like this one all that much and I need to play a little more with the whole tagging and subscribing thing.  I very much enjoy the iGoogle page.  I can definitely see myself continuing to use this after class is over.  I like the adaptability and personalization aspect of it.  I have found myself more and more relying on the net for my news instead of reading the newspaper since this class has started.  This class has not only changed the way I look at technology in education, but it has influenced the way I use it at home and in my personal life.  My main issue right now is the fact that there is so much out there and that I need to not try and look at everything.  When I have gone surfing, I can't believe how easy it is to lose track of time.  I am starting to understand the issue with kids spending more and more time with technology in a more significant way.  I will say that this issue has convinced me more deeply that physical education should have a place in the curriculum.  They need it not just because their bodies need the exercise, but they need to interact face to face with each other.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Paul! I'm really happy to see that you've gained alot from the process. What the heck! If you have to take a class, you may as well pick something up. In many ways (I'm a former PE teacher), I would say technology and PE mix as well as anything. I hope you can find some ways to keep PE strong in Northfield. I think we'll find that PE is going to become even more important, as you've implied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After taking this class, i agree. My perception has changed since my college days. When I went to school, I don't think I remember the words physical education and technology used together in the same sentence. Not it does not seem so odd to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete